What Are School Governors?
School governors are volunteers who are committed to making sure that our school provides the best possible education for all its pupils. Governors come from different backgrounds and are recruited for their skill and experience. They work closely with the headteacher and school staff and are a critical part of our education system.
At St Mary Magdalene C of E Primary School, the governors focus on:
- setting the vision, ethos and strategic aims of the school;
- ensuring the curriculum is broad and balanced;
- holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school;
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and ensuring money is well spent;
- appointing the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher as well as involvement in other staffing issues;
- acting as a link between the local community and the school including dealing with complaints and exclusions.